58% of consumers are influenced by the social aspect of a brand
AUSTIN, Texas, September 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Today Jungle Scout, the leading all-in-one selling platform on Amazon, released its Q3 2021 Consumer Trends Report, a Quarterly survey of 1,100 U.S. consumers that reveals how social media and technology continue to drive consumer purchases, especially among younger shoppers.
Key information includes:
40% of consumers search for products to buy on social media.
- While 65% of all consumers start their shopping search online on Amazon and 47% on a search engine like Google, many also buy directly from social media: 30% on Facebook, 21% on Instagram and 13% on TikTok.
- However, among consumers aged 18-24, 35% buy from Facebook, 44% from Instagram, and 33% from TikTok.
Consumers are looking for greater accountability and transparency from the brands they follow.
- 58% of consumers say that a brand’s social activism has an impact on their impression of a brand, including purchasing decisions.
- The most influential brand activism attributes are: employee treatment (63% of consumers say it influences their purchase), transparent policies (60%), locally sourced products (56%) and environmentally friendly brands (56%).
“Brands continue to gain visibility and influence buyer behavior across new channels and online platforms,” said Greg Mercer, Founder and CEO of Jungle Scout. “Advertising, social media campaigns and influencer partnerships are easier to follow and more effective than ever. “
Other information in the Jungle Scout Third Quarter Consumer Trends Report includes:
- Consumer spending: 32% of consumers say they will reduce their overall spending until 2021; only 19% will increase spending; 50% will continue to spend the same.
- Major Retail Stores and Websites: Almost as many shoppers (63%) have purchased from a physical Walmart store as they have purchased from Amazon.com (65%) in the past three months.
- Products in demand: The holiday season starts early: 31% of consumers will start their holiday shopping before Halloween and more than half before Thanksgiving.
About the report
Between August 6 and 9, 2021, Jungle Scout conducted an anonymous survey of a panel of 1,100 American consumers on their purchasing preferences and behaviors. Respondents represent all states in the United States, all genders, and ages 18 to 75 and over, as well as all types of jobs and different income levels.
About Jungle Scout
Jungle scout is the leading all-in-one selling platform on Amazon, with Amazon annual revenue of nearly $ 22 billion. Founded in 2015 as Amazon’s premier product finder, Jungle Scout today offers a comprehensive suite of industry-leading business management solutions and powerful market intelligence resources to help entrepreneurs and brands. to manage their e-commerce activities. Jungle Scout is headquartered in Austin, Texas, and supports 10 global Amazon markets.
Image 1: Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon with a focus on ecommerce data insights. We support Amazon’s $ 22 billion annual revenue.
Image 2: Third Quarter 2021 Consumer Trends Report
This content was posted through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com.