CrystalDiskMark: Product overview and features
CrystalDiskMark is one of the most popular benchmarking tools for computers and external drives. It’s open source, free, and one of the best choices for free player reference software. CrystalDiskMark performs good low-queue reads and offers several test modes for readers. The software allows users to test SSD, including NVMe drives – a useful feature for PCIe users who want to test their high performance drives.
Read also: Best SSD Benchmarks of 2021
Description of the service
CrystalDiskMark performs benchmark tests for hard drives and SSDs, showing users how they react with different queue depths, thread counts, and read requirements.
CrystalDiskMark is available as a free download for Windows computers or servers. There are three versions of the software: Standard Edition, Shizuku Edition, and Tsukumo Tokka Edition.
CrystalDiskMark operates according to the following specifications and offers the following features for benchmarking of drives.
CrystalDiskMark tests the performance of local and external hard drives and SSDs, including NVMe SSDs.
- Sequential read / write speeds
- Random read / write speeds
- Three different modes to run benchmarks: Peak, Real World and Demo
- Windows XP / Vista 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- Windows 95 through 2000 versions are not supported.
- CrystalDiskMark is available in at least 14 languages.
- The website lists answers to a few frequently asked questions.
- CrystalDiskMark provides a contact email address for users in case of bugs.
CrystalDiskMark is open source software. The provider’s website does not provide any information about the security of the program or its encryption features, if any.
Key markets and use cases
CrystalDiskMark is best suited for:
- NVMe SSD Tests
- Computer hard drive test for consumers and personal users
- Small businesses that regularly test hard drives on their computers and servers
- Small to medium-sized businesses with many external NVMe drives that require high-speed data transfers.