The main reasons to buy in person vary:
Don’t miss another episode of Truth In Data! Click on the red bell at the bottom left of your screen to receive notifications as soon as the episode is published.
Data for today’s episode is provided by the Mercator Advisory Group report: 2021 Buyer PaymentsInsights: purchasing focused on speed and convenience
Mobile phones help consumers become more informed buyers:
- 7% of consumers say high quality products are a top reason for choosing to shop in person over online.
- 6.9% of consumers say a store accepting their preferred payment method is a top reason for choosing in-person purchases.
- 6.9% of consumers say that a clean store environment is a top reason for choosing in-person shopping.
- 6.9% of consumers say competitive pricing is a top reason for choosing in-person shopping.
- 6.5% of consumers say store layout is a top reason for choosing to shop in person.
- 6.4% of consumers say that speed and ease of payment are the main reasons for choosing in-person purchases.
About the report
The most recent Mercator Advisory Group consumer survey report, 2021 Buyer PaymentsInsights: purchasing focused on speed and convenience, in its annual Buyer PaymentsInsights series, examines the current buying habits of U.S. consumers for goods and services in-store and online.
The report, which is based on an online consumer survey of 3,003 American adults between May 21 and June 22, 2021, covers the buyer’s experience and includes questions that explore the buying attitudes of consumers. consumers, location preferences, loyalty program membership, cell phone use while shopping, common ways consumers make non-food purchases, before, during and expected after the pandemic, and many other topics related to shopping. It is important to note that this investigation was conducted a year after COVID-19, as the US economy begins to feel a silver lining with the approval of vaccination and the vaccination of the population underway.
Various aspects of how U.S. consumers interact with the payments ecosystem are brought together to highlight key trends in consumer behavior, preferences and motivations, influenced by consumers’ perceptions and experiences of payment issues. coupled with the speed and convenience of shopping in a fast moving payment. environment.
Readers will be presented with a detailed analysis of the impact of demographics on consumer behaviors and inclinations, general consumer trends, as well as actionable insights for industry players to consider.